Samsung Galaxy J is Just Elegant! Yes, we got this right word from an official video from Samsung with their specifications. So, if you are thinking that Samsung is only working for upcoming 2014 smartphones, then you are wrong. Samsung has stored tonnes of mysteries for its new flagship smartphone coming in 2014. But it doesn’t mean that Samsung has stopped creating new for this year. Samsung on December,9 released Galaxy J for Taiwan and Japan. A teaser was revealed officially by Samsung on a couple of days before its actual launch. Till now, we can’t say anything about international release of Samsung Galaxy J, but can expect its launch at upcoming events like MWC 2014.
The video released by Samsung was just for promotion. Well, according to ongoing news, we are getting for Samsung upcoming phones that they will be having a metal rear cover.
But seems like, Samsung wanted to experiment with Galaxy J releasing it before their new flagships. The design of Samsung Galaxy J is really amazing. Samsung Galaxy J is said to be the blend of Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3. The best elements from these two phones has been taken and created a new Galaxy smartphone. This is really an unexpected launch. As every one has kept their eyes on Samsung Galaxy S5 and its continuous updated news. Coming on to the features Samsung Galaxy J possess. It has a metallic body at the back and is very thin. Samsung tags it with “Just Elegant” word, and yes it’s truly an elegant smartphone to use. Also, you can see an LTE label at rear panel of Galaxy J, telling the fact that it is really fast.
Samsung Galaxy J houses 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor along with 3 GB RAM, thus adding a wow factor. It has 2160p@30fps, dual-video recording option for their users. The multi-touch Samsung Galaxy J phone has corning gorilla glass 3. These were some of the exciting features of Galaxy J, let’s head to detailed specifications.
Specifications Of Samsung Galaxy J -
- Display - AMOLED capacitive touchscreen boasting 1080 x 1920 pixels with 441 ppi pixel density.
- OS - Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) – up gradable to 4.4 Kitkat.
- Processor - 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor.
- RAM - 3 GB RAM
- Camera - 13.2 MP rear camera with BSI CMOS sensor and LED flash, 2.1 MP front-facing Camera.
- Memory - 6 GB internal memory and can be expanded upto 64 GB.
- Battery - Li-Ion 2600mAh battery.
- Connectivity - Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, EDR, LTE.
- Color Variants - White & Pink in Taiwan, however, a blue variant will be available exclusively for Japan.
The price of Samsung Galaxy J in Taiwan is 21,900 New Taiwan dollars (a suggested price). It may cost around $740. However, the white version of Samsung Galaxy J has been for sale from 13th Dec,2013 and pink version will arrive in 2014, may be in January. Well after observing the specifications, we too want this phone to be available in India also! But let’s see if Samsung Galaxy J has any plans to arrive here or not?